Technology Résumé Excellence in Desktop and Website Development
I am a Technology Manager with substantial experience in software development and leadership of technical teams. I have excellent communication skills, including documentation and public speaking. My unique combination of analytic and intuitive skills make me a superb problem solver. I provide creative, achievable solutions that make use of existing software when possible for cost control. I can also buld custom functionality when necessary.
Mind Verve Media2006-PresentOwnerSole proprietorship developing websites for myself and others.
CCH Incorporated / Wolters Kluwer1996 – 2002Computer Programmer / AnalystLarge, multisite commercial tax software company. Wolters Kluwer acquired CCH Incorporated. Utilized C++ language to keep ProSystem fx software in peak working condition, transitioning from Borland C++ to Microsoft C++. Programmed multiple software performance enhancements, leading small groups of programmers developing and implementing upgrade projects.
- Streamlined a poorly written module code to facilitate future revisions, slashing the time required for annual modifications from 2 months to just a few days.
- Directed a team researching ways to protect data and programs from Y2K damage without requiring significant changes to databases, leading an analysis of other companies’ solutions, devising a solution, and writing the applicable code to build a “window” around the current year to identify the proper century for each 2-digit year.
- Managed a team implementing Accuplanner DOS updates.
- Earned an Excellence in Action award for leading successful Y2K rollover.
TRW-REDI / Experian / First American TitleEarly CareerComputer Programmer / AnalystProvider of real-estate information to title companies and appraisers, with information drawn from county records. TRW-REDI was renamed Experian, and then acquired by First American Title. Wrote programs to operate and upgrade the TRW Smart Title System, a pre-Windows program retrieving data from an IBM CICS database and utilizing DESQview for multitasking. Oversaw implementation of new versions of the software, following a checklist to ensure all required tasks and authorizations were completed. Authored user documentation. Contributed to hiring decisions.
- Assisted in implementation of an enhancement enabling downloads of property maps as well as version control software that significantly enriched source management.
- Formulated a checklist outlining the version release process.
- Repaired bugs in utility programs under the user interface, using special equipment to find bugs with multiple processes still running.
- Hired as a contractor after departure to record data structure for a rewrite team.
Bechtel Power CorporationEarly CareerComputer Programmer / AnalystSubsidiary of a large, multinational engineering and construction company. Modernized and supported computer programs while handling various special projects.
- Created and programmed a software module for the Synergy project control and performance management system, used for cost analysis, project management and scheduling.
- Earned team recognition for the Synergy project as well as a Team Special Performance Award.
University of PhoenixM.B.A., Technology ManagementPhoenix, Arizona
Brigham Young UniversityB.S., Computer ScienceProvo, Utah
- Needs Analysis
- Software Design
- Application Development
- Troubleshooting and Debugging
- System Upgrades
- Enhanced functionality
General Website Skills